Since nothing goes better together than watching TV and consuming alcohol, we here at The Incline have designed a drinking game for Pittsburgh’s “Parts Unknown.”
There’s a lot of hype surrounding the episode — Anthony Bourdain likes us! He really likes us! — and we’re sure many of you will be watching. (The show airs at 9 p.m. Sunday on CNN.)
Maybe a few of you will even be enjoying an adult beverage at the same time. Bourdain would certainly approve. Please watch responsibly, and take small sips.
Take a sip of Iron City when …
- A real yinzer say “yinz.”
- Someone is wearing a Steelers jersey.
- Bourdain compliments Justin Severino.
- Bourdain drinks an Iron City himself.
- Related: Bourdain scoffs at the mention of craft beer.
- Also related: Bourdain attacks the cultural blight that is craft beer “snobbery.”
- There’s a shot of …
- A mill
- An autonomous vehicle
- Someone mentions …
- Farms or farm-to-table
- Old Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh’s transformation
Take a shot of Monongahela rye when …
- Bourdain says the word “pierogi.”
- Bourdain actually eats a pierogi.
- Bourdain gets drunk.
- Related: Bourdain references all the alcohol he’s consumed during the course of filming.
- Someone mentions (or the shot shows) all the patrons smoking in the Squirrel Hill Cafe.
- Bourdain or John Fetterman mention President Donald Trump. (We know that’s going to happen.)
Finish your drink when …
- Someone gets called a jagoff.
OK, best of luck. Just remember, the Advil is in the cabinet.