Update, June 27: Introducing the Ultimate Pittsburgh Frozen Treat: Al’s Cone Zone
Update, June 16: Vote now for the 2018 Ultimate Pittsburgh Frozen Treat champion
Pittsburgh, we did it.
We soldiered through another winter — this one a winter that stretched its icy grasp well into spring territory and left our streets with potholes that look more like black holes.
Now, it’s time to turn our attention to the promise of warmer days, with their perfume of fresh-cut grass, humidity (which we’ll complain about relentlessly until October), and abundance of frozen treats.
We’ve got hand-carved shaved ice balls, inventive takes on flavored ice cream, creamy soft serve and mouthwatering milkshakes. But with all that choose from, we want to know: Which is the Ultimate Pittsburgh Frozen Treat?
We need your help to narrow the field to just 32 contenders for an NCAA-style bracket. You’ve previously helped us find the Ultimate Pittsburgh Fish Fry champion and the Ultimate Pittsburgh Pizza, so we know we can count on you.
Here’s how it works:
- Nominate your favorites frozen treat shops.
- We’ll use that list, along with our research, to create The Ultimate Pittsburgh Frozen Treat bracket, presented by The Philadelphia Contributionship.
- Come back and vote your favorite into each new round, so it can eventually be named the Ultimate Pittsburgh Frozen Treat. (Bragging rights included.)
Also worth mentioning:
- Frozen treats outside of Pittsburgh proper welcome.
- Base your nomination on the quality of the frozen treat and the overall experience.
- Yes, ice cream parlors, frozen treat shops, restaurants, food carts, and food trucks count.
Nominate your favorites by 10 a.m. Saturday, May 5, using this Google Form.